If You wish to reserve auction items for an event, You will be required to sign or otherwise affirmatively accept and agree to the terms of an additional agreement for that event (“Event Agreement”). If there is a conflict between the Event Agreement terms and this Agreement, the Event Agreement terms will control Your relationship with the Company.
- Description of Services. The Website makes available to users information regarding travel and experience packages that Company provides on a no-risk basis for non-profit auctions. Non-profits have the opportunity to sell as many packages at their events as they wsh, and are only responsible for the items sold at their fundraising auction events. The Website assists non-profits by creating and providing the non-profit community with unique auction item experiences and high quality services.
- Registration and User Accounts
- Registration. You must register on the Website in order to create an account. Once You have an account and agree to the terms of an Event Agreement, You can reserve auction items.
- Registration Information. You must complete the registration process by providing Company with true, current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form, and You will maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, current, complete and accurate. You grant Company the right to independently verify any information that You post on the Website about Yourself, although Company does not routinely undertake any verification and does not have the obligation to do so. During the registration process, You must choose a user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) You create to access any part of the Website, and You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under Your password(s) and account, and agree to notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. Company will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your password or account, either with or without Your knowledge. However, You could be held liable for losses incurred by Company or any other party due to someone else using Your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. If You provide any information that is false, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is false, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company may suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services or any portion thereof.
- Your Conduct and Use of the Website and Services
- Condition of Use. As a condition of Your use of the Services, You agree that You will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or contrary to this Agreement. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of them. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any account, computer systems or networks associated with the Services. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Services. The Website is intended solely for users who are 13 years of age or older. Any registration by, use of, or access to the Website by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of this Agreement. By using the Website, You represent and warrant that You are 13 or older. Company may terminate Your use of or access to the Website if we believe that You are under 13 years of age.
- User Conduct. You agree that You will not use the Website or the Services to: (i) pretend to be Company or someone else, or spoof Company’s or someone else’s identity; (ii) transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications; (iii) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services; (iv) collect or store personal data about other users unless specifically authorized by such users; (v) harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Website by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications; (vi) misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity; (vii) engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to attempting to compromise the security of any networked account or site, operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking, or making threats of harm; (viii) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Website or the Services; (ix) register for a user account on behalf of an individual or entity other than Yourself, except to the extent that You are authorized by an entity to register on such entity’s behalf; (x) upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Website or Services any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; (xi) solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes; or (xii) upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any pictures graphics or videos other than those of persons whose image You are authorized to post. Company reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Company deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Company’s sole discretion. You agree that Company would be irreparably harmed by the use, by You or others, of the Website or the Services in connection with the transmission of spam newsgroup postings or unsolicited e-mail in violation of this Agreement, and that Company is entitled to obtain injunctive relief against any such transmission (in addition to all other remedies available at law or in equity). Company reserves the right to block, filter or delete unsolicited e-mail.
- Data Backup. Company makes reasonable efforts to run backups on its servers and takes reasonable steps to save the backup data for a limited period of time, but has no obligation to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment You use in connection with the Website.
- The term “Content” includes photographs, graphics, text, data, video, contact information, plans or other documents or media of any kind that may be uploaded, shared, distributed, transmitted or posted to or via the Website by Company, You or third parties.
- You are solely responsible for all Content that You upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Website or the Services. You agree not to upload, post, share, distribute, or transmit via the Website or the Services, Content that: (a) includes unauthorized disclosure of personal information; (b) is inaccurate, unlawful, libelous, deceptive, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable; (c) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (d) violates or infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights. Company has no obligation to monitor the Services. However, Company reserves the right to review materials posted to the Services and to remove and/or edit any materials in its sole discretion. You understand that by using the Website, You may be exposed to Content from others that is offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable.
- Company will have no obligation with respect to Content that (a) is or falls into the public domain; (b) was in the Company’s possession without any obligation of confidentiality prior to receipt thereof from You; (c) is independently developed by the Company without use of or reference to Your Content, or (d) is rightfully obtained by the Company from a third party without any obligation of confidentiality to You. Further, nothing shall prohibit the Company from disclosing Your Content if legally required to do so by judicial or governmental order or in a judicial or governmental proceeding.
- Use of Public Forums. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public forums on the Website becomes public information and You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your personal information. COMPANY WILL TREAT ANY MESSAGE BOARD POSTINGS, FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR REAL NAME, YOUR NAME WILL BE AVAILABLE TO AND VIEWABLE BY ANYONE USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND/OR USING A SEARCH ENGINE. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO USE YOUR REAL NAME AND THE DECISION TO DO SO IS MADE AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION.
- Unless Company has entered into a separate written agreement with You that explicitly states to the contrary, You agree that any information, feedback, questions, comments or the like that You provide to Company in connection with this Website or the Services (“Submissions”) will be deemed to be provided to Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis and will become and remain the property of Company. Company has no obligations of any kind with respect to any Submissions and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose and/or distribute any Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, without limitation. You also agree that Company will be free to use any ideas, concepts or techniques embodied in the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products or services incorporating such ideas, concepts, or techniques without any payment obligation to any party.
- NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN COMPANY’s PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO COMPANY. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO COMPANY OR ANYONE AT COMPANY. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT COMPANY MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
VERY IMPORTANT – MUST READ
Ghyd’s exclusive villas are operated, managed and maintained from us directly. As a result, we do require a security deposit and utilities charge.
The security deposit is required 30 days prior to your vacation in the amount of $150.00 (US dollars) per person. We ONLY accept checks and only deposit them if there is a need to do so.
Ghyd Villas are designed and hand picked with the intention of having a fantastic time! We understand things happen, things break and things get dirty. We’re not worried about the small stuff! We will only use the security deposit if something significant breaks and is in value of $200.00 (US dollars) or more. Don’t worry, it’s just a formality. If you want to hang from the chandelier, just make sure it doesn’t break! If, for any reason, we see the need to use the security deposit for any reason, we will be in contact with you prior to the use of any funds, and will only deduct the agreed upon amount. All checks are shredded and disposed of as soon as you return home and there is no reason for use.
Make all check payable to:
56 Broad Street
Charleston SC, 29401
Costa Rica and Nicaragua do not have nuclear power plants. They generate most of the countries electricity from its abundant river sources which results in a much higher cost of electricity. This has has forced us to become creative in finding a solution that works for everyone. Since each group is different we have decided to incorporate two options to choose from.
UTILITIY PAYMENT OPTION 1
The first option is to receive a $200.00 (US dollars) credit towards the weekly electric bill and you only pay for the overage amount (i.e. if the weekly cost was $357.43, then you will only pay $157.43.)
Average cost for weekly power usage for less than eight people is $300-$500.
We recommend this option for our guests who don’t plan on spending a lot of time in the villa.
Who is this option good for:
- Groups of less than eight people
- Groups who plans to leave the villa often
- Aware of power usage
UTILITIY PAYMENT OPTION 2
We highly recommend this option.
The second option is to pay a one time fee of $400.00 (US dollars) for the week. This rate is for the entire group. We highly recommend this option for groups over eight people, with children, or plan on relaxing around the villa during your stay. This option gives you peace of mind to not worry about leaving the lights on.
Who is this option good for:
- Large families
- Groups who plan to stay close to the villa
- Don’t want to worry
- Stay up late